Weatherford AC Repair
Experts Getting Your Air Conditioning Repair in No Time!
There is nothing worse than trying to start up your AC and realizing it isn’t working the way it should. Summers in Texas are blistering, which makes a functioning AC a must! At Hobson AC, we understand how important it is to keep your home and family comfortable. As a third-generation, family-owned company, you can trust that we will treat your home as if it were our own. We provide premium-quality AC repair services in Weatherford. With every service you can expect an accurate diagnosis, reliable solutions, and lasting repairs. Don’t trust just any team with your AC—trust the team that always works with your best interests in mind.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
With nearly six decades of service experience, you can bet that our team has encountered and resolved every kind of air conditioning problem possible. We are familiar with and can service every brand of equipment, so no matter the system you have or the problem you are experiencing, we can repair it.
The following are the most common AC repair problems we encounter:
- Troubles starting up - Be sure that your thermostat is set to cool and the temperature is set below room temperature. Check the breakers in your main electrical panel. Check the cover on your heating system to make sure that it's secure. Make sure that your heating system is plugged in/ switched on.
- Cycling on and off constantly - In extreme hot weather your unit can run almost constantly and as long as it's maintaining temperature within 3 degrees of the thermostat everything is good. Otherwise there may be an electrical issue or a problem with your compressor.
- Failing to adequately cool home - Could be caused by something as simple as a clogged filter, an aging unit, a dirty evaporative coil, or low on refrigerant charge.
- Airflow is weak - There could be an issue with a disconnected duct in your attic, a problem with your blower motor, or a dirty indoor coil. It's time to call in our Weatherford AC repair experts!
- Uneven temperatures throughout the home - Be sure all your registers are open first. Then you may have an aging unit, or a problem with your ductwork and it's time to call a professional technician out!
- Unusual smells coming from the ductowrk- The inside of your air handler or furnace collects the condensate from the cooling process. There is a potential for mold, mildew or algae growing in your indoor coil. It may be time to look at a germicidal light to prevent the growth of unwanted organisms.
- Higher-than-usual utility bills - When was the last time you had a tune up? Yearly maintenance is recommended to keep your bills as low as possible. A dirty condensing unit (outside) or an evaporator coil (inside) could cause increased bills, as well as a dirty filter or low refrigerant charge.
- Strange noises coming from AC unit - Definitely something for a professional to check out if the noises are unusual. It could mean that you need repairs, something tightened or possibly replacement.
- Excessive dust throughout the home - Every year you can deposit 5-7 lbs of dirt in your ductwork system, having your system maintained and your ducts cleaned can extend the life of your air conditioner as well as improve your home's indoor air quality!
- Frequently tripped circuit breakers - If your unit is tripping a breaker it means that you are pulling more electricity than the breaker is rated for. This is definitely a problem that needs a professional repair technician to evaluate.
- Water leaking from the inside of the unit - One of the most important functions of your air conditioner is to remove excess humidity. If your drain line gets clogged or the drain pan rusts out it can allow water to leak into your home or damage your heating system.
- Frozen indoor coil - This can be just a dirty air filter or indoor coil, a unit that is low on charge or a unit that's blower is going out.
Our Weatherford AC repair specialists have the highest quality tools and technology, which allow us to get the job done right the first time, every time.
Do I Need to Repair or Replace My AC?
If your AC is acting up, it is important to be able to determine whether repair or replacement is the best solution. If your system is over 10 years old, fails to keep your home comfortable, and requires frequent, costly repairs, it might be in your best interest to replace it. If your system rarely has issues and is under 10 years of age, a repair will do the trick. Our AC repair and replacement experts at Hobson AC are here to help you determine the best course of action.
How Can I Avoid AC Repairs?
The best thing you can do for your air conditioner is to take care of it by scheduling routine AC maintenance. During routine maintenance, your technician inspects your entire system, cleans dirty components, changes the air filter, lubricates moving parts, runs a complete safety check, locates any problem areas, provides repairs, and more. Maintenance significantly reduces the chances of experiencing AC breakdowns and keeps your system in top shape. Skipping out on maintenance can shorten the lifespan of your equipment and leave you without a functioning system when you need it most.
Air conditioning emergencies can be very serious matters here in North Texas. If your system breaks down in the middle of a heatwave, turn to Hobson AC. Our team is committed to ensuring you get the premium-quality service you deserve when you need it most, which is why we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer emergency AC repairs. No matter the time of day or night, you can call on our team and we will arrive promptly, carefully inspect your system, provide an accurate diagnosis, and implement the best possible solution. And, because keeping you and your family comfortable is our main concern, you will never catch us tacking on extra charges for after-hours services.
Put the most recognized and trusted team on your side to keep your home comfortable year-round!
FREE 2nd Opinion
Call us at (817) 383-2788 so we can help you have total peace of mind.
Fixed Right or It's Free
That's our promise. We guarantee your satisfaction or you get your money back.
We charge a flat-rate fee, that way you'll know the price of the job before we start.
No After-Hour Fees
We offer the same affordable prices no matter when you use our services!